Hempstead International, LLC. Boulder, Colorado and Paris, France
• Independent Project Management and QA testing services • December 2010 to present
- Translations.com 2017 to present Contract Localization Software and Web Quality Assurance Tester
- Via TRM (Traveler Relationship Management software startup) 2018 Contract QA software verification
- SDL International 2006 to 2017 Contract Localization Project Manager (QA Testing dept.) and Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer
- Foreign Exchange Translations 2011 Contract Localization Life Sciences Project Manager
- Language Services Associates 2011 Contract Translation Project Manager
VRBO/Airbnb vacation rental host. Paris, France and Boulder, Colorado
• Property manager • February 2014 to September 2017 • Management of a successful vacation rental business for our mountain home in Colorado while living in Paris, France for 3.5 years. Resulted in a total of 73 successful host/guest experiences and 5-star review averages on both the VRBO and Airbnb platforms.
Project Management in the Localization/Translation industry
SDL International, Flatiron division. Superior, Colorado
• Test Department Project Manager • October 2012 to December 2013 • Budgeting, scheduling, client relations, and vendor relations for all testing department projects at the SDL Flatirons site. Scheduling of independent contractor resources. Weekly payroll processing for all QA testing vendors.
Lionbridge Technologies. Boulder, Colorado
• Project Manager, Life Sciences • April 2009 to October 2010• Project Manager in the Life Sciences business unit managing software and documentation localization/translation projects for medical device companies.
Translations.com. Boulder, Colorado
• Technical Project Manager • July 2007 to March 2009 • Responsible for Project Management of a portfolio of localization/translation projects for the web and print. DTP production responsibilities.
SDL International. Boulder, Colorado
• Localization QA Test Engineer (French) • June 2006 to July 2007 • Quality Assurance test engineer for localized French software, hardware and websites on Mac OS and PC platforms. Vendor management.
International Education Administration – Study Abroad Program Management
University of Colorado at Denver, Office of International Education. Denver, Colorado
• Study Abroad Program Manager • December 2004 to June 2006
ESC Montpellier Graduate School of Business, Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier, International programs office. Montpellier, France
• Director of International Programs • March 2001 to April 2003
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Year in Montpellier program. Montpellier, France
• Study abroad program manager • May 1997 to June 2001
George Washington University, Study Abroad office. Washington, D.C.
• Assistant Director of Study Abroad • January 1995 to May 1996
IES: Institute for the International Education of Students. Chicago, Illinois
• Program Assistant • September 1993 to December 1994
Additional International Exchange Activities:
• Youth For Understanding International Youth Exchange volunteer. Washington, D.C., Paris, France, and Chicago, Illinois. 1990 to 1994.
• American Field Service high school exchange student, Arras, France. Summer 1986.
Additional International contract work
• Platts, McGraw Hill, (a.k.a. E-Source). Boulder, Colorado • Research Analyst • Contract: January 2004 to November 2005
• Institute For Study Abroad, Butler University. Indianapolis, Indiana • Admissions Assistant • Contract work: Fall 2003
• Millésime Bio trade fair, Organic Wine Association of Languedoc-Roussillon. Montpellier, France • Events Planner and Translator • Contracts: Winters 2000 and 2001
• ABX Diagnostics. Montpellier, France • Export Sales Administrator • Contract: December 1998 to September 1999
• Soccer World Cup French Organization Committee “France 98.” Montpellier, France • Events planning Human Resources • Contract: October 1997 to July 1998
• LINK, International Language Center. Montpellier, France • English instructor • Contract: February 1997 to December 1997
• French Ministry of Education. Paris (Drancy), France • French Government Teaching Assistant • Contract: September 1991 to May 1992
Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan. Bachelor of Arts, June 1991
Double major: Economics and Business Administration and French Language and Literature
Concentration: International Commerce
• Study Abroad: University of Caen, Caen, Normandy, France. 1989-1990
• Career Development project: Youth for Understanding International Exchange - Corporate Development research intern
• Undergraduate Senior Thesis: "The Economic Necessity of International Youth Exchange." Fall 1990
LANGUAGE / TRAVEL / INTERCULTURAL SKILLS
• Fluent in spoken and written French – professional level. Thirteen (13) years total living and working in France (Paris, Montpellier, Caen, Arras). Most recently lived in Paris for 3.5 years (February 2014 to July 2017).
• Activities: Avid scuba diver (~300 dives) with Rescue Diver certification, skier, and hiker. Member of “La Table Francophone de Boulder” - a French community group in Colorado.
• Extensive personal adventure travel to 60+ countries throughout Europe, North America, Central and South America, Asia, and Africa, including diving on five continents, safari in 11 African countries, Arctic snowmobiling, and a 12,000 mile coast to coast North American Road Trip.